Nicholas “Nick” Guttilla retired from the practice of law in 2021.
Nick had been in the private practice of law since 1975 and developed an extensive liquor law practice representing individual and corporate clients, including liquor distributors/wholesalers, importers, and retailers such as grocery, drug and convenience stores, restaurants and bars, homeowner associations, golf courses, and fraternal organizations who wished to buy, sell and/or operate liquor licenses, or those who need assistance with compliance issues.
Past Professional Experience
1969 – 1975—Assistant Attorney General for the State of Arizona, Civil Division, representing state agencies including the Arizona Department of Liquor License and Control, Arizona Department of Insurance, Arizona Banking Department, Arizona Medical Board and a number of other administrative boards and agencies.
- Admitted to the Arizona Bar Association in 1966.
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona (1971)
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (1972)
- United States Supreme Court (1972)
- 1963—Bachelor of Arts from St. Ambrose College (Davenport, Iowa)
- 1966—Bachelor of Law Degree from the University of Arizona (Tucson, Arizona)
- U.S. Army 1967-1968 (clerk in Judge Advocate Office in Alabama and Viet Nam)